Friday, June 13, 2014

Las Flores: A First Taste of Authentic Spanish Dishes

Although I've already tried some Spanish or Spanish-inspired food like paella, I never went to a Spanish restaurant. Not until a good friend of mine invited me to Las Flores in Taguig. Located at the Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City's central business district, Las Flores is a place usually visited by many because it's at least one of only a few Spanish restaurants in that area.

There, I found out that there's more to the Spanish dishes. When I tasted the restaurant's paella, I found out that it's totally different from the paella I grew up with. It turns out, the genuine Spanish paella tastes very delicious.

Also, being a sandwich lover, I like to try new sandwiches, from new burgers to simply some experiments of my own at home. When Uri Singla, the marketing head of the resto, introduced me and my friends to the beef angus and foie minis sandwich, I did not hesitate on tasting it immediately.
I (standing, right) and my pals together with Las Flores marketing head Uri
Sangla (standing, 2nd from left)
It's really delicious. But on an intriguing note, I found out that the "bun" is actually made of goose liver. I'm not a fan of edible liver, but I never tasted even a hint that it's goose liver after tasting the beef sandwich.

Another surprising fact I learned from the resto was that there's such a thing as edible humus. After tasting "Secreto Iberico", a pork dish with humus, I find it delicious too.

Another thing I found out from Las Flores was that you can tweak your custard. A dessert served to us was "Flan de Arandanos con Nata". To make it simple, it's a custard topped with blueberry.

If you want to try these dishes and the rest of Las Flores' menu, come to the restaurant located at 25th St. Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, at the back of One McKinley Place. For reservations, call (02)5522815 or 09166193365. Visit its Facebook page for more of the resto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...